Parker MacIntyre has recently published a whitepaper entitled Forming a Hedge Fund or other Private Investment Fund: A Top 10 List for the Entrepreneurial Fund Manager. If you are a money management or other financial services professional currently giving some serious thought to setting-out on your own as an entrepreneurial private investment fund manager, this publication is the right place to start. In it you will find a roadmap for entrepreneurial fund managers which aims to identify and discuss the top 10 areas of attention/concern relevant to a fund launch. Our whitepaper address such areas as:
- Basic structure and formation considerations for managers, including compensation.
- Service providers and partners needed for a successful start-up fund.
- The regulatory regime applicable to managers.
- Qualification of investors that can invest in the fund.
- Rules involving the marketing of a private fund.
- The basics on offshore funds.
- The differences between hedge funds, private equity funds and real estate funds.
- RIA and CPO registration and compliance for the fund manager.
- The timing involved in setting up a fund.
The whitepaper can be found on and downloaded from the Parker MacIntyre website by following this link.
Parker MacIntyre provides legal and compliance services to securities issuers, including small businesses, investment advisers, broker-dealers, registered representatives and hedge funds, among others. Our capital formation practice group assists businesses with the complex issues that arise in the course of raising capital at various stages of their formation, operation and growth, including compliance with federal and state laws and rules. Please visit our website for more information.